The Arts Department at Goldendale High School consists of 4 certified teachers. These teachers provide many different opportunities for students. The Arts classes offered at GHS are:
- Art & Design (One Semester, 9th-12th Grade): This course focuses on the fundamentals of Art and Design. Projects will be centered around the elements of are and the principles of design. This course is a prerequisite for ALL visual art courses.
- Studio Art (One Semester, 9th-12th Grade): A $10 supply fee will be required. Prerequisite: Art & Design. This course will be focused around several drawing methods and techniques. It will also explore several different mediums, such as graphite, charcoal, pen & ink, colored pencil and pastel, ceramics, scratchboard, printmaking and watercolor.
- Graphic Arts (One Semester, 9th-12th Grade): See course description under Occupational Education "Technology & Industrial Education".
- Introduction to Woodworking (One Semester, 9th-12th Grade): See course description under Occupational Education "Technology & Industrial Education".
- Chorus (All Year, 9th-12th Grade): Chorus is a performing group; therefore, many styles and forms of music will be rehearsed or prepared for concert. Attendance at concerts is required for the course.
- Concert Band (All Year, 9th-12th Grade): The band is a performing group; thus, the student will learn many facets of band music: marches, jazz, rock, classical and contemporary. Performing at games, parades and concerts is required for the course.
- Jazz Band (All Year, 9th-12th Grade): Permission from Mr. Schneider is required for entry into this advanced music performance class. This class meets at 7:30 a.m. each morning. A mandatory requirement is that students enrolled in Jazz Band must also be enrolled in Concert Band or Chorus.
NOTE: All of the fine arts courses are electives. However, students must complete one year of credit in this area to fulfill district graduation requirements.