Degrees and Certifications:
Dr. Ellen Perconti
September 21, 2020
Goldendale School District plans to move into Hybrid starting on October 12, 2020!
COVID cases in the County have dropped and our current 14 day rolling case number is below 25. This is great news for the health of our county and for our schools. We are looking forward to having students in our buildings.
In our Hybrid model, students will be at school physically from about 8-1:15 two days a week. Students will continue learning on-line/remotely the other three days a week. We will have two groups of students – A students will attend school on Monday and Tuesday. B students will attend school on Thursday and Friday. Wednesdays, for staff, will focus primarily on preparation, touching base with individual students, collaboration, and cleaning of the facility. Families will receive information in the next week regarding their child’s group and specific schedule.
In order for us to keep students and staff safe and continue to build in-person school time, we will follow the Washington State Department of Health guidelines. This means that you will be asked to complete a wellness survey for your student(s) each morning before they arrive to school or the bus. The survey asks:
- In the last 24 hours, have you experienced any of the following symptoms in a way not normal to you?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- In the last 14 days, have you been in close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or tested positive yourself?
This wellness screening will take place using the Skyward application. More information will be coming from your school regarding how to use this application.
We will ensure the following health/safety measures in our schools:
- Personal hygiene including frequent hand washing or use of hand sanitizer
- Facial coverings – 2 ply cloth masks are preferred. If your child has a need for a different type of facial covering, please notify the school office. We will provide students frequent mask breaks where they can go outside and remove their masks. Everyone will wear masks, except while eating, while in the buildings.
- Physical distancing – You will notice markings on floors in our buildings and that we’ve removed desks in classroom to accommodate 6’ distancing.
- Cohorting of students Kindergarten through grade 8.
- Reduce shared items.
In addition to all of this, we have increased and improved the cleaning and sanitization of our buildings. It will take all of us working together to make this work.
We are looking forward to greeting students on Oct. 12 and taking the next step forward towards ‘normal.’