The Science Department at Goldendale High School consists of 2 certified teachers. These teachers provide many different opportunities for students. Sciences offered at GHS:
- Biology (All Year, 10th Grade Requirement): Biology deals with living organisms, their classification, physiology, dissection, ecology, and genetics. It is a research-oriented laboratory science course.
- Chemistry (All Year, 11th-12th Grade Elective, Prerequisite: Geometry, No Exceptions): This is a laboratory course in which students repeatedly observe, measure and react physical substances to develop principles about their behavior. These principles are then used to increase their understanding of our universe.
- 9th Grade Science (AFRN, All Year, 9th Grade Requirement): A hands-on, project-based freshmen science class. Students will study soils, hydroponics, cell structure, plants, ecosystems, and much more through a variety of experiments and projects that use all the latest science technology. The course is also the first course in an Agriculture Program of Study.
- Plant Biology (All Year, 10th-12th Grade Elective or Lab Science): Plant Biology is a biology equivalent course that uses hands-on activities, projects and problems to teach plant concepts. Student experiences will include the study of plant anatomy and physiology, classification, and the fundamentals of production and harvesting.
- Animal Biology (All Year, 10th-12th Grade Elective or Lab Science): Animal Biology is a biology equivalent course that uses hands-on activities, projects and problems to teach animal biology concepts. Student experiences will include the study of animal anatomy and physiology, and classification.