The Math Department at Goldendale High School consists of 4 certified teachers. These teachers provide many different math opportunities for students. Math classes offered here at GHS:
- Algebra I (All Year): This is a required course which follows the national and state math standards.
- Geometry (All Year): This is the second of the required math sequence which follows the national and state math standards.
- Algebra II/Trigonometry (All Year, 10th-12th Grade): This is the third year of the math sequence which follows the national and state math standards. Completion of this course is required for admission to a 4-year university.
- Pre-Calculus (All Year, 11th-12th Grade): Course acts as a bridge between the Algebra math series and upper level Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM). The first semester covers functions, polynomial and rational equations, and exponential and logarithmic equations. Second semester is mostly trigonometry with some treatment of conic sections.
- Calculus (All Year, 12th Grade): High School calculus is a first year calculus course. Some of the topics covered include limits, continuity, derivatives, applications of derivatives (related rates, curve-sketching, optimization), integrals, applications of integrals (volumes, accumulation of change, differential equations), and techniques of integration.